Jumanji : Week One

 The critically acclaimed movie Jumanji is a classical movie that first started off as a board game. Which is something that I didn’t know before having a conversation with my cousin about the movie, and he explained to me how it used to be a movie.

https://jumanji.fandom.com/wiki/Jumanji_(Milton_Bradley_Board_Game)  


This game is about real-life people stepping into a game of fantasy. They have to beat the game while facing various obstacles, and once they beat the game they are allowed to return back to reality. The players only have three lives, and once their lives are completely used up they disappear. This movie is very educational because of the fact that the watchers along with the characters within the movie learn about information such as about ostriches, hippopotamus, about rain forests, and about problem-solving. 


The first Jumanji film was created in 1995. In 2007, the second remake of this game was released. I have watched the most recent version of this movie the most. I am not a gamer in the slightest yet I found myself immersed in this movie because it added the aspect of real life. The characters formed relationships, and came together in the end to defeat the game. I also loved this movie because I hate playing games, but watching someone else play the game actually gives me a thrill.

Comments

  1. I love your blog post! I love the Jumanji movies but I had no idea that it was based off of an actual board game. I would love to actually play the real game it seems very interesting. I read the link that you had in your post and its very interesting to see all of the cards that are in the game and what some of the cards stand for in the game as well.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment